Here at Your Executive Secretary we are serious about sharing information and anyone serious about promoting their website in this day and age is reading and devouring everything they can about social media marketing. You included, no doubt.
However, with thousands of social media blog posts being published every day, and everyone and his dog claiming to be an expert and a guru, it’s easy to get trapped in the quagmire, confused by the amount of information out there. It sometimes feels like it really is like hunting for a needle in a haystack.
What should you read? Who should you trust? Where should you go for the latest information? The following is a list of 5 of our favourite Social Media Blogs to Subscribe to and they should help you to get started and find the best information, quickly.
1) Jeff Bullas (http://www.jeffbullas.com/)
Jeff updates his blog daily with hints, tips and news on the world of Social Media. His focus is “to assist business in getting found online in a digital world and making your company visible and successful on a crowded web”.
Written in a friendly and easy to read style, his latest posts include:
* 50 One-Sentence SEO Tips for Bloggers
* Why Aren’t More Bloggers Claiming Ownership of Their Content?
* 5 Simple Tips To Increase Engagement with Social Media
You get a free ebook when you subscribe and can expect to receive email updates daily.
2) Social Media Examiner ( http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com)
Covering the whole gamut of Social Media, Social Media Examiner is populated by a large group of bloggers, each experienced in their own area of Social Media. This diverse content, along with a slew of guest authors, makes it an ideal place to find the latest news in the world of Social Media.
Latest posts include:
* 10 Ways to Use Your Personal Facebook Profile for Business
* 6 Powerful Ways to Improve Your Social Mobile Marketing
* 6 Tips for Finding Prospects on LinkedIn
3) Chris Brogan (http://www.chrisbrogan.com/)
One of the biggest names in Internet Marketing, Chris Brogan has made it his mission to learn everything there is about promoting yourself online, including Social Media.
A big fan of blogging and strategy, Chris is often in demand to speak at exhibitions and seminars, yet still finds time to update his blog regularly with tips and tricks for his readers.
Latest posts include:
* Sitting In the Stat Seat
* Where do you decide to Post Which Kind of Content?
* Put Your Work In Where It Makes Sense
4) Mari Smith (http://www.marismith.com/)
Dubbed ‘The Queen of Facebook’, what Mari doesn’t know about Facebook isn’t worth knowing. She’ll tell you about the changes and updates before Facebook themselves have even got around to it!
Her site offers a number of free reports, factsheets and checklists – we’d advise reading them all!
Recent posts include:
* 9 Steps To Creating Engaging Content
* 10 Proven Ways To Improve Your Facebook Reach
* Facebook Relaxes Page Cover Image Rules: Use This Tool to Test 20% Rule
5) Hubspot (http://www.hubspot.com/)
Although the main aim of the website is to sell software and consultancy services, the blog side of Hubspot is pretty good. Alongside numerous free downloads and checklists, they offer a wide variety of tips and ideas for any aspiring web marketer. With free whitepapers on every aspect of Social Media, and more being released all the time, you really shouldn’t miss out.
Recent posts include:
* Time to Ramp Up Your Pinterest SEO: Bing Now Includes Pins in Image Searches
* What the Heck Is Blogging? A Sneak Peek Into Marketing’s Newest Pastime
* 10 Ways to Make Your Content More Fun to Read
So there you have it – 5 great sites you should subscribe to right now if you want to ramp up your social media activity. Depending when you read this, the most recent articles will have changed but what I wanted to do is give you a flavour of the type of subjects covered – it is critical to read far and wide to stay abreast of whats going on.
Every day Your Executive Secretary finds new Blogs that we love and we will add more to the list or in the comments section below when we find others we would recommend.
Here at Your Executive Secretary we understand how hard it is to remain on top of the various social media blogs and so are always open to hearing about new blogs we should follow, so do you have any other sites you’d recommend to us?